The Balham Pentecostal Church accepts the entire Bible as the Word of God. We acknowledge the Gospel of Jesus, as taught by Himself and His Apostles, as the Christian Law.
We therefore declare the Gospel of Jesus Christ, as the only rule for government, discipline, faith and practice. Full obedience to all the gospel teachings is demanded by our Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe that:
- All men have sinned and come short of the glory of God, but faith in the atoning death of Christ with repentance from sin, the sinner is forgiven and cleansed from all unrighteousness.
- We believe in water baptism by full immersion.
- The baptism with the Holy Ghost is a special enduement of Power for Service.
- Holiness is God’s standard of living for His people.
- There is but one True Church, comprising of all true believers who have died in the Faith, and those who are alive today in Christ.
- The Lord’s Supper or evening meal is to be observed by all believers, it symbolises the Lord’s death until He comes again.
- We believe that all flesh is good for meat except for those offered to idols or died by strangulation.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement. It is wrought by prayer and the laying on of the hands and anointing with oil.
- The dead in Christ shall be resurrected to eternal life at the return of the Lord Jesus Christ, and together with the living saints shall be caught up to meet Him in the air.
- After the great tribulation, Christ shall return with His saints to set up His Kingdom and reign on the earth.